Monday, March 4, 2013

Faithfulness

Faithfulness is a word that I have been learning a lot about lately. God's faithfulness to me.  God's faithfulness to others.  God's faithfulness shown through others.  God's calling for me to be faithful.

It is one of my favorite things.  I love faithfulness.  I love when I see God's faithfulness at work in my life and in others lives.  I love the result of my faithfulness.  It is not always easy being faithful.  It is also not always easy to be patient and trust that God will be faithful.  He always proves Himself, though.  And boy, oh boy, has He been proving Himself!

About 3 months ago Mario and I began to feel like there was going to be some changes in our lives after DTS.  We didn't have plans, which made it easy to leave the future open to what God wants.  We both prayed and felt that we were supposed to leave YWAM Guatemala and move back to Bakersfield- something that I was not really expecting... like at all.  Mario shared with me that he felt this and I honestly couldn't believe it.  Could it be true that after 3 years of missing out on birthdays, holidays, time with friends and family... could it be that I would be back in Bakersfield, not alone, but with my amazing husband by my side?!?  It was something that brought up some strong emotions in me.

I really didn't realize how much I have missed the United States until I really let myself think about moving back there.  Maybe it was some kind of defense mechanism that I have been using to be able to survive here or something, but I honestly have gotten used to the way of life here.  One thought, though, at being back makes me miss it.  I am excited about going to church and hearing a message in English.  I am excited to share my heart and God's heart for people in English.  I am excited to be able to go places by myself and not be worried if I am safe or not.  God is so faithful!!!

As we take this next step, I can't help but think of God's faithfulness.  A month and a half ago we didn't have enough money to buy our plane tickets for the DTS outreach and now not only do we have our outreach paid, but we also have plane tickets to Los Angeles!  I mean, seriously, this God we serve is amazing!!!  We don't really know what we are going to do in Bakersfield, but we do know that we can trust God.  He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  That means that the faithful God He was yesterday is the faithful God He is today and is the faithful God He will be tomorrow.  How exciting!!!



We do know that we will most likely be staying with family, at least for a while, when we get to Bakersfield.  We will need to get a car and look for jobs.  Mario cannot work, technically, so that will be something that we will have to figure out.  Am I worried about money?  Not really, and when I do start to worry, I remind myself of God's faithfulness.  Will it be challenging?  Yes, without a doubt.

We have been living off of support from amazing people for 3 years and God has provided.  Sometimes I think it is easier living the lifestyle of trusting God to provide like we have for these years because it depends really little on us.  This next season is going to depend more on us and with that comes the temptation to think we are doing it on our own.  Whether we are getting a monthly support check or earning money from an employer, WE really aren't the ones who provide the money and this is something that I don't want to forget in this next season.

Also, I have been living in a different culture for 3 years.  Mario has been living in his culture.  That is about to change.  Thankfully, Mario is a pretty adaptable person and doesn't have a problem with different cultures (obviously, he married me!), but it is still going to be hard.  English instead of Spanish (for the most part, I mean, we are going to be living in Bakersfield so there is definitely Spanish around), pancakes instead of eggs and beans for breakfast, calm driving instead of driving for your life... the list could go on and on and although some things might seem small, they make a difference.  I am praying that the transition goes smoothly for the both of us and I know God is faithful.



So, after reading all that, you must really care about us or you wouldn't have made it this far in the post.  Thanks!  We would love your prayers as we step out into this new adventure.  Here are some points that you can be praying for:
-A smooth transition
-A car
-Renewing/new vision and that we wouldn't lose our vision for the future (we still feel called to Livingston, Guatemala!)
-Finances 
-That we can grow deeper in love with God

Thank you!  We are so excited about this!!!


Blessings to you all and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment