Sunday, March 17, 2013

11 Days...

Saturday we had 11 days left in Guatemala and it was good day, indeed!  We did laundry, got stuff ready for the team who arrives on Sunday, I went to Mega Paca (more on that later) and lunch with two other friends on staff while Mario stayed back and fix some stuff at the base, and we ended the evening off by hanging out with our friends the Coloms. 

So Mega Paca is like a second hand clothes store heaven.  There are clothes from the States that they bring down, sort into size, discount and resale for a ridiculously cheap price.  The reason we went yesterday was to look for long skirts because we are going to a village on Friday where we need to wear long skirts, plus we kind of used it as an excuse to go :)  Mario HATES the Mega Paca.  Why, you might ask.  Not because he isn't a fan of second hand clothes because he definitely is.  It is because he does not like spending the time going through and trying on clothes if the end result is me walking out of the store empty handed.  For me, the going through and trying on is half of the fun, but for him it is a big fat waste of time.  That is why I try my best to avoid having to go with him and I take full advantage of going with girls when I have the chance.  So yesterday we went and I didn't find a skirt but I did get two shirts for a super low price.  It was great! 

In the afternoon our friend Stuardo Colom called to see if we could give him and his family a ride to a 10K night run they were going to do.  We gladly agreed, since this family is like our family away from home.  They invited us to dinner afterward and we laughed late into the night with them.  We are definitely DEFINITELY going to miss this family.  They have done so many things for us and saved our sanity numerous times since we have been here.  They are like a breath of fresh air for us and are always looking to do something to bless us.  They are amazing!!!

Last but not least I have to tell you that I do not have pictures to put in this post because I tried to take my camera out twice to get some photos of the day just to realize that our camera is slowly dying and it decided that it didn't want to play along.  It turned on, but pretended like it didn't have an SD card in it (even though it did- I checked and double checked), so there are no pictures from our 11th day left in Guatemala.  Hopefully I can talk it into working for just a little bit longer so that we can get pictures up for the rest of the days! 

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment