Saturday, March 16, 2013

12 Days...

We only had 12 days left on Friday.  That means we have LESS than two weeks... eeek!!!  Anyway, Friday was a busy day because we have a team coming on Sunday.  We had a staff meeting all morning long to discuss details (not my or Mario's favorite way to spend our morning, but definitely a necessary thing to make sure all of us are on the same page).  Then in the afternoon I worked on getting the schedule perfected and Mario finished painting.  He has been painting around the base all week and it looks really good. 
This really doesn't do his painting justice because he hasn't taken the tape off yet and the lighting is horrible, but his creativity is great and he does such a good job!!!


 Then after lunch Mario got a shot and of course I had to document that!  Actually shots here are really common and he was getting a vitamin B complex shot. It was his second injection of the week.  It was super inexpensive to get everything for the injections and so we took advantage of it before we get back to the States and everything medical related will be more expensive.  I had actually gotten the same shots a few weeks back and had told him that it had hurt, but I guess he didn't believe me because after he got the first one he commented on how bad it had actually hurt.  I am glad we could go through the pain together.  Thankfully we have a friend here on staff who can give injections and she gladly injected both of us with the vitamins.  Here are some pictures of Sara and Mario after the shot...

 Mario decided that he would rather take pills than get shot, which for him is a huge deal because he HATES taking pills.  Now when he needs to take vitamins or anything else I have something to remind him of when he says he doesn't want to take them.

So that was our interesting Friday.  Everyday I start the day thinking that I won't have anything to blog about for that day, but something always comes up and I am glad it does!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment