Wednesday, March 13, 2013

15 Days Left

I decided I am going to try to do a post a day for the last 15 days we are in Guatemala.  It might get tricky towards the end because we will have a team here, but I will do my best.

So yesterday, Tuesday, we had 15 days left in Guatemala.  The day was pretty normal.  We had a prayer meeting in the morning, worked in the office and then Mario shared in Teen Challenge (for the last time) in the afternoon.  I made chicken enchiladas for dinner and they *almost* tasted like my Mama's.  Someone had given us free tickets to the movies, so we decided to go last night.

We saw Oz and it was a good choice.  I have discovered that I am not such a huge fan of the movies.  First of all, for some reason I would rather watch TV than pay to go sit in a freezing theater with a bunch of other people where they don't even let me put my feet on the seat in front of me.  Mario, on the other hand, loves to go to the movies.  There have been a few times we have gone to the movies since we have been married, but other than that Mario usually goes with a friend.  For us, free tickets was the perfect thing because I didn't have to worry about paying and Mario was more than happy to spend an evening in the theater. 

I took this picture before we went in because, well, to tell you the truth I like to think that if I weren't married to Mario, Channing Tatum would probably be the next in line.  Mario and I both agreed that G.I. Joe looks like it is going to be a good movie, but for obviously different reasons.

A few of the things that I noticed when we were watching Oz is that to me it is definitely not a kids movie.  I jumped in my seat a few times, which made Mario laugh, but still, if I am getting scared I would hate to see how a young child responds.  It was a really good movie, though.  There was one particular part at the end that I really liked.  It was when Oz had proven to the wicked witches that he was indeed the wizard.  Theadora, who was good at the beginning and then turned evil, began to fly away and Oz stopped her and told her that if she even decided that she wants to be good again, she is welcome back in the land of Oz.  It made me think that is exactly how God is with us.  No matter what choices we make, He is always willing to accept us back.  What a great message! 

Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment