Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bakersfield Part 2


Mario loves anything with a motor, so when my brother-in-law, Tim, told him he could ride the quad that had been sitting in his garage, Mario was beyond excited.  He fired it up right away and was off.  The good part about living in the country is that there are lots of dirt roads to explore.  My Aunt Lynnie joined in with her quad and we all had a turn going for a ride.  Elisabeth was the bravest one, going with Mario first.  After I saw that she came back alive, I decided it was my turn.  While I rode with Mario, Elisabeth and Nate decided to go for a round with Aunt Lynnie.  We all had fun!



After the quad rides, we introduced Mario to the American tradition of dying eggs.  Seeing it through his eyes was definitely interesting.  His first question was, “what do you do with the eggs afterward?”  When I thought about it and told him that most get thrown away, I was almost embarrassed by the waste that happens every Easter.  We only dyed a few eggs, but we definitely had fun doing it!

That night we went out to dinner with all of my mom’s brothers and their wives.  It was really fun to see my aunts and uncles that I haven’t seen for a long time.  We had one aunt and uncle come down from San Jose, CA and another aunt and uncle come from Montana.  Mario got to experience a Chinese food buffet and we all walked away stuffed full! 


Next came Easter Sunday! After being in Bakersfield for only one week we felt like we had done so many things and the pace continued!  We got up to see my mom had made us a basket with some of my Easter favorites.
Then we went to Rosedale Bible Church to celebrate with them.  After church we took a family picture with all of my mom’s family.  It was really fun to have everyone together and Michelle (the photographer and family friend) did such a good job capturing the moment.  After pictures we headed to Grandma Irene’s house for Easter lunch.  It was delicious!  Then my sister, Leann, put on an egg hunt for the older kids.  I forgot how much fun it is hunting for eggs and Mario enjoyed his first egg hunt, too! 
After lunch at Grandma’s, we went to the other side of the family and played at my Aunt Linda’s house.  Mario made friends with some of our relatives who happen to be 5 year old triplets and ended up jumping on the trampoline with the three of them, Nathan and Elisabeth all afternoon. 

I think I will need at least two more posts to finish Bakersfield!!!  More to come, but for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment