Sunday, May 6, 2012

One Week Back

We have been back in Guatemala for over a week now.  It is a weird sensation to go on a trip that you are looking forward to for so much time and then, wham, just like that be back into the routine of life as you know it.  It probably won't come as a shock to any of you that this was an emotional week for me.  I missed the familiarities of home, my friends and family, my independence... ahhh, the list could go on and on.  Thankfully God has given me just the right husband for times like these.  Mario hugged me, encouraged me, and supported me as I walked through the emotional roller coaster of being back in Guatemala.  It didn't last too long- I am definitely still missing people, but it is something that I have come to peace with again. 

This weekend has also been a welcome back to Guatemala party for my stomach.  For some reason I have been a stomach bug magnet lately and I am not too fond of it.  I jokingly call it my weight loss program because, without giving too many details, anything I put in comes out the other end within the hour.  It is definitely not a recommended plan, though, as the cramps and pain are not really worth it.  Yes, that is right, I would rather do EXERCISE than to feel this way, which says a lot since I despise exercise. 

I know I still owe you all a final post on Bakersfield and I hope to get it done this week.  I just wanted to put a little something on here so that I keep up my rhythm of posting.  Oh, I almost forgot that I have some readers who do not like posts without pictures, so this is for you.  It is a book that my mom gave me while I was home and it has come in quite handy this weekend.  Sorry in advance if you are offended, but if you know me, you know this is a topic that is right up my alley!
Thanks for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment