Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bakersfield Part 3


While in Bakersfield we also got to watch some good basketball games.  First of all, we got to experience the wonders of 1st and 2nd grade basketball when we went to watch Elisabeth play.  I forgot how fun those games can be, especially since my two older sisters are the coaches.  We also got to go to a Bakersfield Jam game with my sister Becky and brother-in-law Zach.  It turned out to be one of Mario’s favorite things, since basketball is his favorite sport.  The seats were right on the court so we definitely got a good show and we even got to take pictures with some of the players after the game. 

My mom told us about a car show that was happening on a Saturday morning and of course this topic lit up Mario’s eyes.  We ended up being kind of short on time that morning because it was the same day that we were going to have a meet and greet event, so my mom and I went to get ready for the meet and greet and my brother-in-law, Zach, and Mario went to the car show.  I think it worked out perfectly and I know that Mario enjoyed his time there because the fifty plus pictures of cars and engines on our camera tell me so. 

Then on Sunday we got to speak during the Sunday School hour at our church.  It was great to see so many faces that I have been missing and to give an update on what is going on here in Guatemala.  It was also great to see all the love and hugs people had not only for me, but for Mario too!  I know he felt at home as person after person came up and introduced themselves and welcomed him. 

Monday was D day.  DISNEYLAND DAY!!!  I had been looking forward to going to Disneyland with Mario ever since I knew we would be making this trip to California and our time at Disneyland did not disappoint.   I mean, honestly, how could the happiest place on earth disappoint?  Anyway, we ended up going with Tim, Leann, Elisabeth, Nathan and Becky and we had so much fun.  I am definitely thankful for church family because through Connie and Karen Fleishauer we got free tickets to not only get into Disneyland for the day, but also to visit California Adventures. 

When we got into the park we quickly discovered that Becky had a plan.  We power walked to get fast passes for Star Tours and then got in line for Space Mountain. 
After Space Mountain we went on the Buzz Lightyear ride and then onto use our fast passes for Star Tours.  We had only been in the park an hour and already had 3 rides down, thanks to Becky’s plan.  Thankfully the park wasn’t too crowded and we got to go on almost all of the rides that we wanted too.  Mario and I got to ride together most of the time, but Nathan (Mario’s newest BFF) insisted on riding with us on every single ride.  
Around 4:00 Mario, Becky, and I went over to California Adventures so that we could catch a few rides before the parade at 6:00.  Becky and Mario went on Tower of Terror (I, being the baby that I am when it comes to drops on rides, opted to hold their things and wait for them at the exit).  Then we went on Soaring Over California.  The line was really long but we really wanted to go on it, so we waited for a little over an hour.  By the time we got done with those two rides, it was time for the Parade so we made our way back over to Disneyland and met up with Tim, Leann and the kids.  We got a good spot right along the sidewalk and watched, in my opinion, one of the best and most simple Disneyland parades.  Elisabeth even got to greet a few of the characters as they passed by.  Then it was time to go home.  We had a car full of tired people and besides a stop at In and Out for dinner, it was a straight shot home. 

A great day had by all!!!
One more blog and I should be done with the Bakersfield recap.  Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment