Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 21, 2009




Also an older post that I wrote before internet. Now we are finally updated...

We still do not have internet at the base, but somehow everyone is surviving… funny how that works that when you have something you become sooo dependant on it, but when it is taken away you find other ways to fill your time. We have definitely found those other ways to fill our time here…

This weekend we had Friday afternoon through Sunday off. We did not really have the time off though because we celebrated my 25th birthday all weekend! It was an amazing celebration with new friends and family. First on Friday night we all stayed up until 12 so that we could start my big day off right. We ate cake, sang, and danced until about 1:30 am. Then on Saturday I woke up and went to breakfast where I was served heart shaped pancakes. How do these people know the way to my heart already?! Then we went to the shopping mall that is right down the street and spent some time enjoying the food court there. I chose Taco Bell for lunch and we had ice cream for dessert! Then before we left the mall we walked by a band that was playing some jazzy music. Mario, one of my DTS classmates, told the band that it was my birthday and so the band played me happy birthday then wanted to take pictures with me. It was fun! Then when I though it was over they decided to give me a free CD!!! What a great birthday gift!

For dinner we had cheeseburgers here at the base and then everyone surprised me with a princess crown, a card, and my favorite Funfetti cake!!! They didn’t even know that was my favorite kind of cake but I was super excited when I saw the kind of cake it was.

Then everyone in our school plus a few extra people from the base went bowling after dinner. On the way a few people stopped at the flower stand and bought me some flowers… by this time I was feeling like a true princess!!!

We all had a blast bowling and then when we got back to the base they told us we had a meeting. We all walked over and… SURPRISE… there was a huge piƱata for me!!! What a wonderful birthday I had here in Guatemala!!!

2 comments:

  1. hi sis,
    It sounds like you had a fab birthday!! I am so glad they are treating right from the get go!! I love reading about ur experiences. I know God is taking good care of you. I love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I want to go there for my birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete