Thursday, July 5, 2012

A Thought

Today Mario and I were on our way home from the YWAM base and we saw a car that had something that caught Mario's attention.  It was the license plate of the car in front of us.  This is what most license plates look like, with  a P in front that stands for "Particular", or common.  It is what all personal vehicle license plates have.  The car in front of us didn't have a "P" in front, but instead it had a "C".  Mario explained to me that the "C" stands for commercial.  It is what most of the delivery trucks have in front of their numbers.  There are also plates that have an "A" in front which means alquilado, or rented.  The taxis all have an "A" as well as any car that is rented from any agency. 

Why am I writing on and on about the license plate system in Guatemala?  Because I have never realized this system until today.  I mean, I have heard people say "Particular" before they give the rest of the letters and numbers on their plates, but I have never noticed the different classes.  I like to think of myself as a pretty observant person, so the fact that I hadn't noticed this was a little surprising and even in a really weird way exciting to me.  I didn't take my eyes off of the different license plates we passed the rest of the way home.  Then as we drove into our neighborhood, a thought came into my mind...

How many times do I do this with the Bible or other things God wants to teach me?  I can't begin to tell you how many times I have read a verse and then one day it will just pop out, as if it is something I am reading for the first time.  Just like the many times I have seen this system of license plates over the almost 3 years I have been here, but I am just now figuring it out.  I am so thankful that God is patient with me as I learn the lessons He has for me and I know there will be lessons that take longer to learn than others, but I pray that my eyes will be open to see what new things He is trying to teach me each day. 

Thanks for reading!!

1 comment: