Monday, July 23, 2012

Mario


I would like to take some time to talk about one of the things I love most in this world… my husband, Mario Romaldo Martinez Blanco.  I could sum him up by just saying that he is amazing, but since most of you don’t know him that well and others don’t know him at all, I think I will take some time to tell you why he is amazing.

First of all, he is a child magnet.  I am not even kidding you.  I call him the baby whisperer because anywhere we go that there is a baby he ends up holding it and loving on it.  All babies love him.  All kids love him too.  If we go to ministry, he is usually the one with the crowd of kids around him.  The other day we went to a school to do a program for the high school students and I couldn’t find him.  I should have known he would be with the elementary kids showing them his cool tricks and then asking them what they though Jesus was like.  It was precious to hear some of their answers and even more precious to see my husband in the middle of them all.  One day he was talking with one of the young guys who came with one of the teams and they were talking about how they both like to play with the kids here because they want to be a positive male influence in the lives of the kids.  They both said that neither one of them got that when they were little, so they wanted to be able to provide that for the kids who might be in their same situation.  I know that Mario is going to be an amazing dad someday and I am so thankful that our Heavenly Father is the perfect example for him to follow.


Another reason why Mario Romaldo Martinez Blanco is amazing is because of the way that he takes care of his family.  Right now his brother is going through a difficult situation and Mario is the one he calls for advice.  I love to hear him counseling his brother and knowing how much his brother looks up to him.  His sister was also going through some difficult times a while ago and Mario’s mom called our house so that he could call his sister and help her through her difficult situation.  He is a blessing to his family and being one of the only Christians in the family he is also bringing the Truth and the Light that they need so badly. 

One of the best things about Mario is that he puts up with me.  Some would say that is what everyone says about their spouse, but those who know me know that this is not always an easy task.  There are days when I just miss everything about “home” and I am in a bad mood and don’t want to talk to anyone or do anything.  He just encourages me to spend time with God and waits patiently for me to come back to my senses.   There are other days when I feel like I might die if I don’t get an ice cream within minutes.  He once again is patient with me, not allowing my dramatic pleas convince him of anything.  He knows better.  Most days, when I am acting “normal”, he just loves me for who I am.  The other night I asked why he loved me and that was his response.  He said “I love you because you are who you are”.  Ahhhh, who could ask for more?!?!? 

Well, I honestly could go on and on, but I guess I will stop here since I realize the rest of the world doesn’t need to know every detail about why I love my husband… but he sure is amazing!!!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment