Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Update






So many things have been happening I don't really know where to begin...

First of all the DTS started in the beginning of February and has been full force ever since.  It is amazing to be able to have people around- especially ones who speak English!  I have began to grow in a good friendship with the students, especially the 3 in my small group.  God has been at work in all of our lives, as well, and it is exciting to see the things He is doing. Here is a picture of the DTS students and staff.
 Also Mario has applied for his visa and his appointment is on March 21st.  This is a BIG deal for us because it will mean that we will be able to get married in beautiful Bakersfield.  We are hoping for a May wedding so please pray and believe with us that he will get his visa with ease and that everything we need will be provided.  
We have also begun premarital counseling, which makes it all the more real that we are getting MARRIED!  I have always been an emotional person who gets excited easily, but I would say this is a new level of excitement, anticipation, nervousness and joy all mixed in together.  It is great!!!  I will definitely keep everyone updated on the visa status and wedding location. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Susan! I finally found your blog. I thought about doing DTS a while ago.

    I'll be praying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Is DTS still on your mind?? If so, I would totally encourage you to do one- they have them ALL over the world! Thank you for praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sus,
    I miss yo so much and just wanted to let you know how proud I am of you. I love reading your blog and seeing all the Lord is doing there in Guatemala! See you in May at your WEDDING! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also,
    Caitlin, I completely encourage doing a DTS as well...lifechanging!

    ReplyDelete