Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rosa

We have been going to Tierra Nueva every Thursday morning for ministry and as I mentioned in a previous post, we met a girl a while ago named Rosa. She is a 17 year old who was raped and became pregnant. She has been working hard to turn this bad situation into a good one, with God's help, and is raising her baby. For the first two months she did not have a name for her baby. This was really odd to me because I have been thinking of my future kids' names for years and years and could probably give you a list a mile long- but not Rosa. I don't know if it was because of the situation she was in or what, but the two month old precious little girl did not have a name. Then, after visiting her about 3 or 4 times I felt like I should challenge Rosa to take a step forward. I told her that her homework would be to pray and ask God about what name she should give her daughter. The next week when we returned I was excited to hear what name she had decided on. She had thought about naming her Esmeralda, and we even began calling the baby by that name because we thought she would make it her final decision but she decided on a beautiful name. I would like to introduce you to...


Jasmine Julissa


I have grown such a special bond with Rosa and with her family and I am so glad to be able to continue to visit her. God is also putting something more on my heart and I have started to pray, along with another staff member, about how God wants us to move forward in disciplining Rosa and other young girls who are in her situation or at risk of being in her situation. Please help us in prayer as we seek what God wants us to do. It is exciting for me because I have been wanting to do something more and I know that God will be able to use me in this area. Thank you for your support and prayers!!!

2 comments:

  1. Susan,

    Love your blog and pictures! I have computer issues at home, but am able to read your blog at my Sat. job. What a blessing you have been to Rosa, and what a sweet baby. I love the McDonald's pictures...looks like a fun day. And it's so awesome there is a RMHouse in Guatamala. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane! I miss you and your encouraging smile! I am praying for you too.

    ReplyDelete