Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Big Mac Style...



Today we had a great opportunity to help out in the community. Today is McDia Feliz in Guatemala and that means that each person that buys a Big Mac will help support the Ronald McDonald houses here in Guatemala. This was a great chance for us to get involved in a deeper way since we already volunteer once a week at the Ronald McDonald house.

So 7 YWAMers piled into our blue van and headed to McDonalds at 9 this morning. We had a shift to work from 9-12 and really did not know what we were in for. We arrived and they gave us our oh so attractive hats and some really cute aprons to wear during our shift. Then we headed for our stations. My friend Aury and I worked at one of the doors, welcoming people with excitement. I was trying to enjoy my job and not to be too jealous of the people who got to be out on the street waving the flags and dancing to the music, but after about an hour it was time to switch places so I excitedly took my place along the street to welcome customers, wave the flag, scream, and my personal favorite-dance. It was really fun and after a while I even came up with some pretty good little flag routines. I don't think that the streets of Guatemala were prepared for me, though, because right in front of me 3 cars got into an accident! Now mind you, it was just a little finder bender, but I think that maybe they might have taken their eyes off the road to watch my polished routine and ooops... crunch! It was a very good time, though, overall and I walked away with some tired feet, some blistered hands, and a full belly (when our shift was over we supported the cause and ate a Big Mac as well!)

1 comment:

  1. *like*

    I was surprised, at first, to read that your were disappoint to be greeting people, as you are such a people person, but it made sense after reading the rest of it! You are definitely a dancing type.

    Thanks for the blog, I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete