Thursday, May 27, 2010

Rainy Season

So I knew coming back to Guatemala that I would be here right at the start of rainy season. It rained almost everyday this week and today it rained ALL day without letting up. I love the rain and so I have been enjoying it to the fullest. I was not prepared, however, for the rain that fell tonight. Apparently one of the volcanoes here in Guatemala has not erupted but "exploded" (I don't really know what the difference is but just go with me on this one) and created a sand cloud that is now pouring down all over the city. It is pretty amazing to see the street just COVERED in sand. It is all black sand much like the beaches that are a few hours away from the city. I have never seen anything like it. I took some pictures but I don't think they do the situation justice...



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everything is okay in Guate!
    In Germany we didn't get a lot of news so I dind't reaaly know how far the vulcano and the big storm is concerning you there because I was gone with a youthgroup last weekend...
    But now I read every facebook message and your blog, now that you are fine and that life in Guate is God's will for your life!
    I'm so glad to hear that and much more proud that you followed God's call! When I think about your life coming up I really get excited for what God is allowing you to see and to experience! God's glory is shown through your life and I love that fact!
    I really really really do want to visit you and Mario and Ale and the whole base obvio within the next two years... That's my dream cause I miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete