Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back to Guatemala!!!




I am going back to Guatemala on May 22nd and I couldn't be more excited!!! Here is an update letter I am sending out...

Last September I had the life-changing experience of doing a Discipleship Training School with Youth with a Mission (YWAM) in Guatemala. While I was there I felt God’s definite call to full time missions. This is something that has been on my heart since I was very young, but the timing had never been right for a full time commitment. Now I feel that it is the time for me to go ahead with this adventure God has for me and I could not be more excited about it.

So after much time in prayer about where and what I should be doing, I have decided to return to Guatemala and work with YWAM. I am looking forward to returning to the ministries I worked with while I was there in the school and I am also looking forward to beginning some new ministries. One of the things I am most excited about is the chance to restart a ministry that has been on hold. It is called Dreamers and I feel like God had this ministry crafted especially for my gifts and talents.

Dreamers, or SoƱadores, is a program that gives young children in Guatemala who have a high potential for learning the opportunity for an education that they would otherwise not have the chance to receive. The program gives them more than that, though, it gives them the chance to dream and be passionate about the very things God created them to do. I, along with a few other staff members, will be working directly with the program and basically restarting it as a permanent ministry. We will do all the “business” to get it running and then we will be directly involved with the students after the program begins. We will meet with them frequently to love, tutor, mentor, keep them accountable, and most of all show them how to dream.

I cannot express on paper how excited I am for this opportunity. I know that God has brought me to this place in my life and I am experiencing the sheer joy that comes from being exactly where He wants me to be. As a full time missionary with YWAM, I need to raise support to allow me to complete all of these wonderful plans. I have been so blessed by the faithful way God has shown Himself to me through many financial supporters and prayerful people and I have the faith that He will continue to provide. My goal is to raise around $600 a month to cover all my expenses in Guatemala. I would ask you to please pray and ask God if you are to be a part of my support team. It does not matter if you are called to give a one time donation, make a monthly commitment, or give support through prayer, God can use you to be a part of reaching His people. If you would like to donate, there are two different ways:

-Write a tax deductable check made out to Youth With a Mission (please DO NOT put my name anywhere on the check) and add a note stating that the money is for Susan Fidler in Guatemala and send it to:

Youth With a Mission
15850 Richardson Springs Rd
Chico CA 95973

-Write a non-tax deductable check made out to Susan Fidler and send it to:

9624 Ravenwood Dr

Bakersfield, CA 93312

Thank you so much for helping share God’s love!



No comments:

Post a Comment