Saturday, May 22, 2010

First Class Trip



This is an example of what my seat was like on my way to Guatemala. It was quite the adventure getting out the door for my 1:45 AM flight but my mom, sister Becky and I left the house around our expected departure time. We did not have many hang ups on the way to LAX, which was nice, and arrived around 10:30. I went to check in and the line was loooooooong. I don't know why but it seemed like I was the last one in line. I was not late by very much and I was not worried about it either. I was flying with TACA/LACSA airlines and they do not assign seats until you get there. So as I was approaching the front desk and checking in, the kind sir behind the counter informed me that the flight was full. I had already waited about an hour to get the front counter and I was ready to be done lugging my hiking backpack and HUGE suitcase around the airport with me. I tried my best not to freak out as I began processing what I would do. Then he told me that since the flight was full in the back, the airline would give me complimentary upgrade to business class- also known as FIRST CLASS! I wish you could have seen the look on my face! You see, I made a list of dreams in life that I want to accomplish and flying first class was on that list. This was literally a dream come true!!! The rest of the check in went without problems and soon I was sitting in the FRONT ROW of the airplane. It was hard for me to keep my pride under control as people would walk past and make comments about how they wished they were in first class. The flight was wonderful and between the extra stretching room and the free toot bag I was one happy girl!

I got to Guatemala safely and was welcomed by some of my very close YWAM friends and even some flowers. It is good to be back, although I can already sense the challenges that might lie ahead. I will keep you updated as this first week gets underway. Thank you very much for your prayers!!!

1 comment: