Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Cravings, Exhaustion, and Hormones... OH MY!

This post is dedicated to my first 24 weeks of pregnancy.  I want to document how I am feeling through all of this because I know that it will soon be a very distant memory. 

Let me start with some of the things that I have been "craving".  I use quotes because I am not sure how much of it is actual craving and how much is just me getting away with eating what I want with no questions asked :)  The main thing that I have been craving pretty much since the beginning of the pregnancy is meat.  I don't like to cook it, though, because it kind of grosses me out.  I could basically eat a steak every day of the week and maybe even two times a day.  My wonderful husband has made sure that I get enough meat and that his son is being well fed. 

Something else that I could eat everyday is chili fries.  I know this is disgusting for some, but I really do love them. The best that I have found are from Wienerschnitzel.  I get mine without the cheese, since dairy and I do not get along, but they are DELICIOUS!  Honestly, even just writing about them and looking at the picture right now makes me want to put this computer down and go get some.   I usually let myself get them once a week (or less), but when I do eat them I enjoy every.single.bite!

So, even before we knew we were having a boy, my pregnancy had some signs that pointed to boy (if you are one for wives tales, that is).  I wanted protein, which people say is a boy.  I didn't have any morning sickness (thank goodness!), which differs for each person with each pregnancy. 

Something that I did feel during my first trimester was exhaustion.  I had just started working full time again and being on your feet in front of kids all day takes a lot out of you.  Add being pregnant to that and you get one tired mama.  I would wake up in the morning and go to work, longing for my bed pretty much all day.  I would be in bed by 7 or 8 at the latest and do it again the next day.  My weekends pretty much consisted of sleep.  It was pretty pathetic, but it was what I needed to do to survive.  Thankfully when I hit my second trimester the exhaustion went away.  Don't get me wrong, I do still enjoy my naps, but I can actually function like a normal person again.

Hormones.  Oh dear, sweet hormones.  I won't go into this topic too much, but honestly since when did a commercial make me cry?  I mean, I have always been one who shows my emotions, but since I have been pregnant they have been magnified.  Tears are just a few seconds away at any minute and once again my wonderful husband has been so gracious and loving to me. 

I can't wait to meet this baby boy.  He is a very welcome addition to our family and there is no doubt that he will be loved!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment