Sunday, January 1, 2012

Highlight of the Week

I have decided (more like resolved, as in one of my resolutions for this year) that I am going to make more of an effort to keep my blog up-to-date. I think that there ARE people besides my mom who actually read it, so I figured that I will get back on top of it and keep you all more informed on what is happening in our lives.  This blog I would like to talk about some of the highlights of our week. 

We had a week of vacation, which meant no waking up to go to the base everyday. 
Sleeping in as long as we want to= highlight numero 1

We also had some freakishly warm weather and on both Christmas and New Years I was in a tank top and shorts reading on the grass in the front of our house. 
Tan in late December/early January= highlight numero 2

Since we had vacation and no real plans, Mario and I got to spend lots of time hanging out, talking, and praying together.
Quality time with my man= highlight numero 3

We don't really have too many decorations on our walls and I knew as soon as I took down the few Christmas things we had up that our walls would look really bare.  I recently saw a craft idea in a store that I knew I could do myself.  I ended up cutting and rolling numerous pages of a magazine and gluing them onto a cut out letter M (pictures to come).
Being crafty and having it actually turn out like it looked in my mind= highlight numero 4

For the last highlight I actually have to go back to Christmas day.  My family was gathered at my sister's house for our traditional Christmas breakfast and I got to skype with them!  I haven't seen or talked to most of them for quite a while so it was definitely a treat!
Skype+Mom, Becky, Zach, Leann, Tim, Sara, Jay, Ricky, Willie, Nathan, Elisabeth, Aunt Lynnie, and Grandma Irene= highlight numero 5

 

No comments:

Post a Comment