Monday, November 14, 2011

Not Yet

Oh man, I thought that the push for Christmas was bad in the States, but I think I might venture to say that it is even worse here in Guatemala.  First of all, there is no Thanksgiving here so that means that there is no "official" start date for the Christmas season.  I kid you not, I heard Christmas music in SEPTEMBER in a shopping mall.  This is just ridiculous.  I am a HUGE fan of the Christmas season- the songs, the decorations, the cooking and everything else- but please Guatemala, not yet!  Wait just a little bit longer and then we can all enjoy this season together.

On another note, Mario and I continue to wake up each day amazed at what God has given us.  I mean, we have a house (that we can't actually call our own because it is rented, but still, it is a place that is for us), we have a car (we recently got a wonderful offering from a friend and were able to buy our base director's old car at a very good price. Such an answer to prayer!), the ministry (which is definitely in a season of change, but we are glad to be a part of it as long as God has us here), and each other (which is still sometimes surprising to me when I wake up in the morning and have such a handsome man by my side).  I think you can gather that we are blessed!  We are so thankful for each lesson God has taught us and the lessons that He is teaching us and will teach us.  We never cease to be amazed at His faithfulness in our lives, either.  We are definitely one happy couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment