Friday, January 28, 2011

They Are Precious in His Sight

We have been doing a lot of ministries with kids since the team has been here.  I LOVE kids and I LOVE being able to play, sing and teach them about their Heavenly Father who loves them so much!  Two of my very favorite places that we have gone have been a ministry called Piedras Vivas (Living Rocks) and an orphanage we went to called Luz de Maria.  Piedras Vivas has only been open for a few months but they have around 100 kids come 3 times a week to hear about God and to learn what it means to live a life as a Christian.  Here are some pictures from Piedras Vivas...


Michelle and me
The orphanage was also an amazing place.  We got to hug and love on kids that were from 2 months- 5 years old.  The workers told us all the kids' stories of how they ended up there and it was heart breaking to hear the 28 ways that these 28 kids had been abandoned by their parents.   There was a boy whose mom sold him for less than $50 and there was another boy who was taken in because he was severely malnourished and when they investigated they found that his only source of nutrition had been dog food right alongside the dogs outside.  It was very hard to leave, too, because I wanted to bring them all back with me!  I fell in love with one girl who clung to me the whole time.  Her name is Michelle and she got taken away from her parents because of abuse and malnourishment.  She is 3 and she is just as precious as she can be.  Here are some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment