Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beginning of the Year

We have had a very full beginning of the year here at YWAM Guatemala.  We have a team that is here from Tyler, Texas doing their DTS outreach.  I am in charge of making their schedule and then making sure everything goes as planned (or as God has planned) throughout their time here.  It has been super busy but really really good.  Last night Mario and I had the chance to get away to celebrate his 25th birthday- which is actually on January 22- and we got some time just to talk.  I was thinking of this team and trying to express how I felt about them being here and all and I came up with this- they are like a shot in our spiritual arm for the new year.  They have brought us a direct purpose as a staff and they have also brought new energy and life.  It is so great to serve God alongside other people who have the same passions you do.  They are actually going to be here for a whole month, and for their last week here they will be going to a place called Puerto Barrios and Livingston.  I think Mario and I might get to go with them, which would be amazing since Livingston is where we would LOVE to be in the future.  I am excited to see what God has for the next few weeks with this team.  I will try to keep my blog updated as often as I can while they are here, but time is usually limited and sleep is usually the winner over computer time. This picture is of Mario and me with a little girl from an orphanage we worked at last week. 
PS- I LOVE being engaged to such a wonderful man!!!

1 comment:

  1. slowly the longing in me to come back to Guate is growing... january last year was our outreach time and I'm really often thinking about it! I'm happy to read that you're living THE life God has prepared for you!!! Love you, sister :)

    ReplyDelete