Thursday, June 24, 2010

Passing of the Torch...

Last Wednesday I traveled back to Bakersfield so that I could be a part of an epic event... ERIN O'DANIEL got married!!! It was a very quick trip, but it was nice to go home after a few weeks of getting settled in here.

First I got home around 3AM and hit the hay because the next day, Thursday, I was to make an appearance at Rosedale Bible Church's VBS. It was a great time of catching up with people but it went by waaaay too fast. I love my church family and the support they give me!

Then Thursday afternoon the trip really began. Layne got off work and we picked Denise up in Fresno and got to Nor Cal just in time to check into the Motel 6 (yes, they left the light on for us) and head out for a fun last night on the town.

The wedding was gorgeous and my best friend looked amazing. In fact, all my best friends looked amazing and it was so wonderful to share that time with all of them since we all four know it will be a while until we are together again.


At the end of the reception Matt and I had a very touching moment when I passed the torch onto him. I don't know if you are familiar with the relationship I have with Erin but many people have asked us if we were a dating couple in the past- we are that close. So now with my girl going off with this man, I had to make sure that the torch was passed and that he knew that she would now be under his watch.

It was a wonderful time with family and friends and I am so thankful that I had the chance to be a part of it- I wouldn't have missed it for the world!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for carrying the torch for so long! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too and you will always be my dear sweet Peggy!

    ReplyDelete