Monday, June 7, 2010

Getting Settled...

I have been here over two weeks now and it feels like I have lived here for half of my life. Things are going really well and I seemed to easily fall into the flow of things around here. Most of my time during the week is spent doing ministries with children but I also have some time in the kitchen and have put in some hours cleaning up around the base.

I have been adjusting fairly well so far. I did have a hard day last Thursday because my baby sister Sara graduated from high school and I was not there to see her. I know that this is just one of the many things I will miss living a missionary life, but that does not make it any easier. The bright side is that I get to go home in about a week and see everyone again.

I had not planned this trip home so soon after I arrived on purpose but after I bought my ticket and planned my return to Guatemala in May I found out that one of my very best friends, Erin O'Daniel, is getting married in June. I could NOT miss the wedding so I decided to make a trip home. I am excited to see everyone again, even if it will be for a very very short week. I already have a list of things I want to bring back with me when I return- especially certain snacks that I am already missing. It will for sure be a great time of celebration!!!

When I first arrived here I was put in a room with a girl named Aury who is from here, but they told me not to unpack everything because I would be moving as soon as another staff member left. Well that staff member left and now I am semi-settled into my new room. I now share a room with Ale, another Guatemalan girl, who is planning on leaving the base soon as well to move on to other things. For now I have the top bunk, but hopefully after she moves out I will be able to move myself down to the more accessible bottom! It is a very nice room, though, with enough space for all my things.



Some things you can be praying for specifically are:

-That I would continue to adjust well to my new home

-That my stomach would adjust to the food...again

-God's passions to continue to be made known to our base

-For the children that come to our weekly ministries

-For my Spanish to continue improving (I am one of the only English speakers here!)


Thank you all so very much!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment