Thursday, October 1, 2009

Zona 3

Today we had our second week of going to do our local ministry. I am part of the children's ministry that goes to a community outside of the dump. It is amazing to see the change of scenery just a few minutes away from our base. Last week when we went I immediately fell in love with a few of the kids. I was glad to see them back this week. I was up to tell the story so I told them about the Good Samaritan and then we had some songs and since it is Children's Day here in Guatemala (kind of like Mother's Day or Father's Day for kids) we had one of the YWAMers dress up as a clown and pass out candy. It was cool to go back and see some of the same kids two weeks in a row and I especially connected with this precious little girl named Abby. We were just hanging out today and all of a sudden she pulled a pair of blue sparkle star earrings and said "here, these are for you". Obviously I put them on right away and took a picture...



I love the way that this culture shows God's giving spirit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment