Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Season

As many of you know, I love LOVE celebrations and the Christmas season is no different.  It is difficult being away from "home" at this time of year, but I am determined to make "home" wherever I am and that means making new traditions and celebrating with who I have here with me.  Thankfully right now I have 11 people with me who are also in the same boat I am in, so we are going to enjoy each others company and celebrate together!

We got a Christmas tree, thanks to one of our generous teachers, and decorated it.  We also drank eggnog, hot chocolate, and sang Christmas songs together.  Another night we decorated stockings as a group and hung them in our classroom to be filled by our "Secret Santa" or the person who we will secretly give a gift to once a week until Christmas.  The house has been filled with Christmas songs, joy and fellowship.  It has been wonderful! It is by no means a replacement for our traditions with our families, but it is a year that we will be able to look back on with contentment. 
Mario thinks it looks good as an earring

Putting on the lights

On December 6th we found our shoes filled by the fireplace.  It is a German tradition that Santa Clause fills one shoe and someone stole one of each of our shoes all filled them with goodies!!!

Our own wonderful Santa!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment