Sunday, July 11, 2010

Daycare






We go to this government run daycare every Tuesday morning. It is by far my favorite ministry that our base does. The kids there are so adorable and every time we pull up in our vehicle they start to shout one of two things in Spanish: 1. The missionaries or 2. the gringos. It is funny that they call us the gringos because that basically means someone from the USA and I am the only one from the group that is actually from the USA.

So we get there and walk through the door and they say "bienvenidos, pasen adelante, sientense" to each person that walks through the door in a very sing-song way. It means "welcome, come in, have a seat". It is precious and I find myself looking forward to it each Tuesday morning.

After we all get our warm welcome, we sing some songs with them, teach them a Bible story and do a craft or coloring page with them. Then we play with them outside. I usually end up squeezing my way into their little wooden house outside to play the role of the daughter in a very enthusiastic game of house. My jobs are usually to go to the "store" in my "car" and buy some "eggs, beans, or chicken" and then to deliver them to my "mom" so that she can make me some delicious "food". These are my friends, Naomi and Ashley out side of the house we play in

It is always amazing to me how impressionable these little ones are. The fact that we get to go week after week and build a trusting relationship with them AND share God's love with them is such a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you post! So glad you are in your element. Iloveyou! and I am sure we will talk sometime =)

    ReplyDelete