Saturday, November 14, 2009

Jericho March

We live a block away from a park that holds Mayan Ruins. Ever since we got here I have had the feeling that we should do some sort of Jericho March around the park. I didn't know exactly when we should do it, though, so I just casually mentioned it to a few people here. Then last weekend we had the chance to work with another DTS (the same school I am doing now) from Antigua Guatemala. They came without a real plan so we began to pray about what God wanted our group of about 30 to do for the day. I had not said much of anything because I wanted someone else to confirm if the Jericho march was what God wanted or not. I definitely did not want it to just be my idea. As we were sharing a few people began to share they felt like we should do something at the park... BINGO, I thought. So I brought the idea I felt God had given me up and everyone agreed they thought it was what God wanted us to do.

The DTS from Antigua had a speaker with them so we attached an ipod- a modern day trumpet- and put it on a dolly and started the march. Here is a picture of our group starting off...

We marched 7 times around the park, which was probably a little less than a mile around. It had been a cloudy morning and it looked like it would rain, but God held the rain off for us all day. Our first time around we stopped at a certain spot where you can see into the park and began to pray because we felt a heaviness there. Only later did we see this shaman performing Mayan acts very near the spot we were praying.It was an amzing time of spritual warfare and on the 7th round we could not help but shouting out and cheering for what God had done. Although it took us from 11:00 to 4:00, we all felt privelidged to be able to be a part of God's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment